Creamy Cauliflower Chickpea ‘Curry’
Jan 04, 2021 by erin
This flavorful, hearty ‘curry’ checks all the boxes for me: it contains a vegetable (cauliflower), a carb (rice), an ingredient high in protein (chickpeas) and it’s easy to make requiring very little chopping (besides the cauliflower and the onion, none of the ingredients need to be prepped — you just toss them in). I’m sure there are more ingredients you could add to make this type of curry even more delicious, but this recipe is all about simplicity and ease! (While still being super delicious ;)) I hope it becomes a regular meal in your home, reduces your dinnertime stress and proves just how easy and delicious animal-free cooking can be!
- 2 tbsp oil (or water)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 c veg broth
- 1-709mL jar marinara sauce (or canned tomatoes)
- 1 head cauliflower (coarsely chopped)
- 1 can chickpeas (rinsed)
- 1 can coconut milk
- Freshly ground pepper (garnish)
- 2 c. brown rice
- Parsley or cilantro (optional garnish)
- Sunflower seeds or seed of choice (optional garnish)
- Scoop of plain dairy-free yogurt (optional garnish)
- Make your rice according to package instructions. If using brown basmati: add two cups of washed rice to a medium sized pot along with four cups of water. Cover with a lid and place over high heat on the stove. Once boiling, reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes, with lid on.
- In a large pan, heat oil and add onions. Cook until translucent (about five minutes). Add in garlic powder, curry powder and salt — cook for about a minute. Next, stir in your veg broth and marina (or tomato) sauce and bring to a boil. Add chopped cauliflower and cook for eight to ten minutes until tender. Reduce heat to low.
- Next, add chickpeas and cook for a minute until they are hot. Stir in coconut milk and serve over rice. Garnish with any or none of the following: freshly ground pepper, parsley or cilantro, seeds, plain dairy-free yogurt.
[site_reviews_summary assigned_posts="194" hide="bars, rating" schema="true"]
Add your own review
[site_reviews_form assigned_posts="194" hide="email" label="Testing"]
[site_reviews assigned_posts="194" class="site-reviews" pagination="ajax"]