Peanut Noodles with Vegetables
Jan 08, 2021 by erin
This is a very regular dinner in our home not only because it’s so delicious (who doesn’t love nutty noodles?!), but because it’s easy to make, too. Besides the fresh veggies (onion, broccoli, carrots and peppers), hopefully you already have all the other ingredients in your pantry or fridge. Also, the sauce is just three ingredients that require no prep. You can’t mess this recipe up! Even if you overcook the veggies, they are still delicious coated with the sauce.
If you have a nut allergy, try using tahini instead of peanut butter for the sauce. It’ll still be delicious!
This recipe serves two large eaters.
For the sauteed veggies
For the sauce
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 red onion (chopped)
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 head broccoli (cut into florets)
- 2 red peppers (thinly sliced)
- 2 large carrots (coarsely grated)
- 3 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/4 c water
- 1 block firm tofu (chopped into cubes)
For the noodles
- 1/2 c smooth peanut butter
- 1/3 c water
- 1/4 c tamari or soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
For the garnish
- ~225g rice noodles (half a pack)
- 1 tbsp sesame oil (optional)
- On the stove, heat a large pan over medium to medium high heat. Add oil and let heat up for 30 seconds. Add onions and cook for five minutes or until transparent. Add garlic powder and salt and cook for another 30 seconds, then add vegetables. If the pan is feeling dry, add two to four tablespoons of water. Finally, add in tamari and rice vinegar, then cover the pan and cook for seven minutes, stirring every few minutes. Once veggies are tender, add the tofu to the pan and stir until heated throughout.
- For the sauce, add all ingredients to a bowl and whisk together until smooth.
- Cook rice noodles according to package instructions. When done, drain and rinse the noodles and return them to the pot. Add in sesame oil and stir.
- To assemble the dish, add noodles to the pan with veggies followed by the peanut sauce. Stir and serve. Garnish with sesame seeds (optional). Enjoy!
[site_reviews_summary assigned_posts="205" hide="bars, rating" schema="true"]
Add your own review
[site_reviews_form assigned_posts="205" hide="email" label="Testing"]
[site_reviews assigned_posts="205" class="site-reviews" pagination="ajax"]