Roasted Tomato and Potato Salad with Chickpeas
Jan 28, 2021 by erin
I first discovered this salad (or something similar) while lunching at a beautiful cafe and bakery here in Vancouver called Flourist. It was so delicious, I vowed to recreate it at home ASAP. On Instagram stories, I shared news of the delicious salad and announced my plan to attempt to make it. I went through the cooking process only to learn that the recipe had been on Flourist’s blog all along! (Thanks to followers for the tip.)
The original recipe is fantastic and I highly recommend it. Below I’ve modified it by adding extra potatoes (the more carbs, the better), over quadruple the parsley (almost making it tabbouleh-like), less oil in the dressing (it’s still oily) and the option of adding in walnuts and capers, which add a nice crunch and salty element. Hope it becomes a regular dinner in your home as it has in mine!
For the salad
For the dressing
- 7 c fingerling or nugget potatoes
- 2 pints cherry or grape tomatoes
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 heaping c parsley (chopped)
- 1 bunch or 1 c scallions (thinly sliced)
- 2 cans chickpeas
- 1/2 c walnuts (chopped) (optional)
- 1/4 c capers (optional)
- 1/3 c extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 c apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp mustard powder (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400F and slice tomatoes and potatoes in half (if using slightly larger nugget potatoes, cut into quarters). Transfer tomatoes to a baking sheet and potatoes to a separate baking sheet. Drizzle each pan with 3 tbsp olive oil and 1 tsp salt. Using your hands, toss to coat. Place both pans in the oven and roast for 35 minutes or until potatoes are golden and tomatoes are blistering.
- To a large bowl, add salad ingredients: chickpeas, parsley, scallions and walnuts and capers, if using.
- Make the dressing by adding all ingredients to a bowl and whisking to combine.
- Once potatoes and tomatoes are roasted, add them to the salad bowl and pour on the dressing. Toss and enjoy!
- Adapted from Flourist’s Chickpea + Potato Salad Recipe
[site_reviews_summary assigned_posts="249" hide="bars, rating" schema="true"]
Add your own review
[site_reviews_form assigned_posts="249" hide="email" label="Testing"]
[site_reviews assigned_posts="249" class="site-reviews" pagination="ajax"]