Roasted Tomato and Potato Salad with Chickpeas
Jan 28, 2021 by erin
I first discovered this salad (or something similar) while lunching at a beautiful cafe and bakery here in Vancouver called Flourist. It was so delicious, I vowed to recreate it at home ASAP. On Instagram stories, I shared news of the delicious salad and announced my plan to attempt to make it. I went through the cooking process only to learn that the recipe had been on Flourist’s blog all along! (Thanks to followers for the tip.)
The original recipe is fantastic and I highly recommend it. Below I’ve modified it by adding extra potatoes (the more carbs, the better), over quadruple the parsley (almost making it tabbouleh-like), less oil in the dressing (it’s still oily) and the option of adding in walnuts and capers, which add a nice crunch and salty element. Hope it becomes a regular dinner in your home as it has in mine!
For the salad
For the dressing
- 7 c fingerling or nugget potatoes
- 2 pints cherry or grape tomatoes
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 heaping c parsley (chopped)
- 1 bunch or 1 c scallions (thinly sliced)
- 2 cans chickpeas
- 1/2 c walnuts (chopped) (optional)
- 1/4 c capers (optional)
- 1/3 c extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 c apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp mustard powder (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400F and slice tomatoes and potatoes in half (if using slightly larger nugget potatoes, cut into quarters). Transfer tomatoes to a baking sheet and potatoes to a separate baking sheet. Drizzle each pan with 3 tbsp olive oil and 1 tsp salt. Using your hands, toss to coat. Place both pans in the oven and roast for 35 minutes or until potatoes are golden and tomatoes are blistering.
- To a large bowl, add salad ingredients: chickpeas, parsley, scallions and walnuts and capers, if using.
- Make the dressing by adding all ingredients to a bowl and whisking to combine.
- Once potatoes and tomatoes are roasted, add them to the salad bowl and pour on the dressing. Toss and enjoy!
- Adapted from Flourist’s Chickpea + Potato Salad Recipe
5 out of 5 stars (based on 6 reviews)
January 29, 2021
Thank you for this! Such an easy sheet pan style dinner to make. The combination of the roasted goods, fresh greens, and that dressing is unreal.
So easy. SO GOOD!